|William Leonard Ricketts
|William Leonard Ricketts was the oldest child of
Charles Edward Ricketts and Lucy James (Mills)
Ricketts. "Leonard" was born on February 9, 1893 in
Leonard married Ida Coleman. He was a carpenter by
trade and worked at a bottling company for ten years.
Leonard and Ida had seven children:
1. Annie Florence Ricketts (June 20, 1918
- February 6, 1986). She married Garnett
Collins (Born Jan. 9, 1915) and they had two
children: Brenda and Garnett Jr.
2. Eleanor Aralee Ricketts was born June 17,
1920 and married William Eugene Richardson
(born June 13, 1921). They had one child:
3. Ada Inez Ricketts was born Sept. 10,
1922. She married Henry Willis Hopkins, Jr.
had two children: Henry Jr. and Gale.
4. Margie May Ricketts was born July 24, 1925.
She first married Preston Haley (1921-1971).
She then married Malcolm Myers.
5. Mildred Coleman Ricketts was born March 29,
1928. She has two children: Ronald Boyter
and Cathy Jo Pierce Lavinder.
6. Ruby Faye Ricketts was born March 26,
1930. She married Arthur Cleary and had two
children: Kevin and David.
7. Charles Edward "Charlie" Ricketts was
born June 21, 1933. He married Rose Marie
Harper and had two children: Vickie and Lori
|Ida Coleman Ricketts with all seven of her children at the 1984 Ricketts
reunion in Danville, Virginia. Ida is the lady left of center wearing a dress.
|William Leonard Ricketts and Ida Coleman Ricketts
and their seven children
|William Leonard Ricketts in 1897