|Viola Lee Ricketts
|Viola Lee Ricketts, the second child of Charlie Edward Ricketts and Lucy (Mills) Ricketts, was born July 12, 1895,
in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. On December 13, 1914, Viola married Lacy Oliver Davis (1895-1951), son of Charlie
Green Davis and Cora Mae Davis. Viola died on December 5, 1972. Viola and Lacy had nine children:
1. THELMA MAE DAVIS was born December 18, 1915 and died on May 24, 1985. Mae married Wade
Blair and had four children:
a. Bobby Lee Blair married Virginia Motley and they had two children: Teressa and Robert.
b. James Neal Blair died in 1957 in an accident. He was killed by a falling tree while cutting timber.
c. Carrol Henry Blair married Carolyn ? and they had two children: Randy and Susan
d. Betty Jean Blair
2. LACY VANN DAVIS (Sept. 18, 1917 - May 13, 1977) married Levina Benson. Vann
and Levina had four children:
a. Sarah Ann Davis married Gilbert Clifton and they had two children: Tracie and Christie
b. Norma Jane Davis married Jerry Dodd and had two children: Karen and Kimberly
c. Betty Vann Davis married John Edward Thomas, Jr. and they had two children: Glenn and Gregory
d. Patricia Neal Davis married Robert Carlton Jones, Jr. and had one child: Melissa
3. RALPH EDWARD "ED" DAVIS was born June 13, 1920 and died July 19, 1980. He married Lorraine Ferguson
and they had six children:
a. Ralph Edward Davis, Jr. died in 1976 in an automobile accident. He was married to Patricia Adams and
had two children: LeAnne and Ralph
b. Harold Lee Davis married Kathleen Smith and they had two children: Harold Jr. and Matthew
c. Cynthia Elizabeth Davis married Ralph Raines and had two children: Sherri and Troy
d. Grace Diane Davis married Gary Horsley and they had three children: Gary Jr., Shawn and Christina
e. Gloria Ann Davis married Jeffrey Holley and had one child: Lauren
f. Janis Marie Davis married Jerry Hutson and had one child: Jerry Wayne
Hutson, Jr. Janis later married David Puryear.
4. ESTELLE DAVIS (May 30, 1922 - May 19, 1970) married Norman Linwood Hardy. Norman is the son of Oscar
Robert Hardy and Mary Jane (Ricketts) Hardy. Estelle and Norman had three children: Jackie, Susan and Lacy Victor
5. PERCY HERMAN DAVIS was born October 3, 1925 and died on Aug. 22, 1978. Herman married
Dorothy Mae Lewis and they had two children: Joan and Herman
6. NOLEN LINDBERG DAVIS was born January 3, 1928 and died June 28, 1983. He married Sarah
Barber and had two children: Penny and Anthony
7. CHARLIE CALVIN DAVIS was born February 10, 1931. He married Dorothy Ann Rogers and they have a
son: Larry Wayne Davis
8. DOROTHY LEE DAVIS was born February 12, 1934. She married Donald Poteat and they had one
child: Mike Poteat. Dorothy later married Ricky Wrenn.
9. JAMES SMITH DAVIS was born June 8, 1937 and died on June 23, 1937.
|Viola Ricketts Davis, William Leonard Ricketts, and their mother Lucy (Mills)
Ricketts. Leonard and Viola were the oldest children of
Lucy and Charlie Ricketts.
|daughter Viola - about 1897.